Friday, October 29, 2010

My turn! :) 10-20-10

When it was my turn to plan the date night, I was excited! I looked online for fun things to do in Austin. You know, unusual stuff.. not dinner and a movie!
I took the boyfriend to another trailer...I'm telling you, you have to try them out! This one however was on the EAST EAST side of Austin (way east Cesar Chavez). Its a sketchy part of town, but I had my strong boyfriend to protect me, right? ;)
A co-worker of mine recommended a place called Along Came A Slider. Clever name, huh? Its a trailer that makes delicious sliders. Again, boring girl with her food, got the original beef slider "The Natural". It was soooo delicious. I dont know what they marinate the meat in but it was amazing. Another cool thing about this place is the food is organic. Not a must for me, but definitely a very Austinite type of place. You can check them out at http://alongcameaslider.com/
I just had one slider(3.50$/each-yet totally worth it). The boyfriend had two and then we shared an order of sweet potato fries and a water. The boyfriend chose the Barbacoa Style Brisket Slider and one other.. I can't remember which one it was. None the less, we both loved our food. Very good! yum! :)

Another cool thing about this place(other than the obvious thing-the food!) is that right next to it was a ice cream cookie sandwich trailer! HELLO... speaking to a girls heart.. ice cream! We shared a top cookie(chocolate chip) bottom cookie( Oatmeal) with vanilla ice cream in the middle. It was a trailer that moves around Town called Cool Haus. It was a $4 ice cream sandwich, but it was large. We shared it and it was plenty for us.

After a great dinner in a sketchy area of town we headed over 5 blocks of so, further in the sketch to a place called New Movement. Its an Improv comedy club. It was awesome! On Wednesday nights they have FREE shows!!! That's one of the awesome things about Austin. There is so much to do and a lot of things are cheap or even free. You just had to do some research and you can find awesome things to see, places to go, etc. Starting at 7 on Wednesday nights New Movement has a free improv class for those who want to learn. Then at 8, they have a hr long show for those who were in the 7pm class to show of their skills. Then at 9:30, they have their house show with their regular performers. It is their "Megaphone Show". We just went to the 9:30 show. I am not one to learn improv and get up in front of a bunch of strangers and try to be funny. I'm definitely not funny, so that's a NO-GO for me. ;)

When we first pulled up to the place, there was no parking lot. We had to park my car like two blocks away in some random parking lot. It was kind of scary to leave my car in a sketchy part of town, not particularly close to where we were going to be. The boyfriend had me park under a street light(hopefully deterring thief's from breaking in to my car). Ha... I love the way he thinks sometimes.

The boyfriend seemed unsure of what we were doing or why we were there at first, but after the show was over he told me he really enjoyed it. We laughed throughout the whole thing. I definitely recommend it to those looking for a good laugh. Besides, you can't beat FREE. Look them up at: http://newmovementtheater.com/

You won't regret going to a show, I promise. And if you do, you obviously have NO sense of humor and should probably seek therapy. ha.. j/k *(see what I mean? I'm not funny)

PS: oh yea, if you are going to go to the New Movement free show at 9:30 make sure to get their early(we did at 9pm). The building is super small and it feels up fast. It was a packed house.. people sitting on the floor, standing, etc).

Date #2 = success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment