Wednesday, November 10, 2010

10-27-2010

The boyfriend and I tried out this place, called Railroad BBQ. It is off 1626 in Austin. We have passed it a few times but not until this night did we try it out. We were two of the four guests in the restaurant(maybe bc it was a wed night??) but we were pleasently surprised. I tried the pork ribs which were great and the boyfriend got a chicken fried steak!
After dinner we headed over to the Southpark Meadows Shopping Center. The boyfriend took me to this place called "Reel Popcorn". You walk in and you feel like you are in a movie theatre(posters all over the way, that great popcorn smell, etc). We walked down a hall to the cash register and noticed all the different flavors. They had everything from nacho cheese to grape to pecan praline and even dill pickle. The lady who was there(also happens to be the owner) was really nice and helpful. She said that the dill pickle is their most popular flavor. It doesn't sound like a flavor I would like but if it is their more popular I had to try it. She let us have a few tastes of different kinds. I settled on regular carmael popcorn. shhh.. dont tell anyone, but the dill pickle one tasted GROSS!!! The boyfriend got a mixture of grape and I think lime??
It was a laid back date night but we had a great time.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment