Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11-3-2010

This particular day was a cold one in Austin... the high was 58 degrees that day, so by Austin weather standards.. it was cold! :) I decided that I wanted to make my chicken tortilla soup that day (a cold day + hot delicious soup = AWESOME!) For date night we usually eat out, but it was ok.. the boyfriend loves my soup so we ate in. For our activity I decided to do something that sounded fun to me but I wasn't too sure how the boyfriend would like it. (by the way.. he loved it!)  We ended up going to a place in Westgate shopping center called Cafe Monet. It was great, minus a few small things. When we got there the girl told us to pick out our art pieces to paint. We did and went to the register for further instruction. The girl working ignored us for a few minutes and as we stood there, we were like "she sees us.. why isn't she coming?" Finally she came, instructed us on where the paint was, how to do it, etc and we got started. We decided on two puzzle piece coasters. Cafe Monet has so many different things you can paint, but it can be pricey. Their website says items starting at 7$ and I think it is misleading. The children's thimbles(or items that small are 7$) but the cheapest thing we could find were our puzzle piece coasters(at $13 each). 28$ total, with tax is kind of pricey for two coasters, but we had a good time so it was worth it.(some of the pieces, like cups were in the upwards of $25-$40 each!)

 The boyfriend loves the Green Bay Packers, so he painted his green with the G logo. I did a modge-podge of different colors(purples,blues,greens, etc). We had to leave the pieces there so they could glaze and fire kiln them. I picked them up yesterday and they look great. I will try to remember to take pictures and upload them soon.

The service wasn't great, but the experience was. We had fun creating things that we can keep forever, as a reminder of one of our date nights. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment