Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Tradition

As this is my first post on "Date night in Austin, TX" I wanted to give you a little back story on me. I wasn't born in Austin, TX but my mom moved me here at 13 months of age. I love it here. I was raised her, went to college just down the 35-corridor(in San Marcos! Eat em' up Cats!) :)
My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 7 years now. Having been together for so long, sometimes you feel like you are in a routine. We like to go to movies, hang out with friends, etc.. but after awhile that all just becomes your "normal" and to be honest.. it can be boring. About 3 weeks ago the boyfriend and I were having a long discussion on our relationship and how we need to make time (quality time) to spend together doing fun activites that we dont usually do. Our normally routine is go to work, come home from work, watch tv, eat dinner, go to bed. Day in and day out, it just becomes habit almost.. you know, like clockwork. We decided a way to combat the same old same old would to designate a date night. The boyfriend has kind of a hectic schedule, that always changes so picking a day was tricky. We decided that Wednesday nights at 8pm were going to be our new date night. To make it more exciting, different and new every week we have decided we are going to alternate weeks to pick what we are going to do. We have only had two so far, but its exciting and I look forward to many more. I decided to start blogging about the date nights for a few reasons. 1) I want to have the memories and be able to look back and remember what we did, when, etc. We plan to take a picture together every date night and post it as a memory too. 2) Although there is a lot to do in Austin, sometimes after you have lived here for such a long time you say "There is nothing to do." I admit, I have said that numerous times... but I stand corrected... there are SOOOO many things to do in Austin. It just takes a little researching. 3) I want people to hear our opinions and reviews on the things/places we do/see and hopefully you will try them out as well.

Unfortunately the first two date nights, we did not take pictures.. but I will try to do so from now on.

Hope you enjoy the blog!

Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment