Friday, October 29, 2010

High School Date 10-13-10

The first thing the boyfriend said was just think of it as a high school date! ha! It's been a long time since high school. I didn't know what to think, but was excited because 1) it was our first official "date night" and 2) it was a surprise to me. On our alternating weeks, we have decided that we are going to keep it a secret on what the other is planning. ;) We started driving down South 1st(which is a busy street in Austin). There are sooo many places to eat, go, etc.. so I was completely out of the loop. We drive and he turns into a parking lot near El Mercado restaurant. We have eaten here before, and yes its very good, but that was NOT where we were going. Across the street from El Mercado on South 1st in Austin is a place called Trailer Park Eatery. I know what you're thinking "trailer park eatery?? whaaatt?" Don't knock it till you try it. It was really good. There are about 5 or 6 different trailer options to choose from. We decided to try out Izzoz Tacos. Check them out at: http://www.izzoztacos.com/

The food was actually pretty good. I am typically boring with my food, so I got 2 "Old School Crispys". They were quite Tasty. The boyfriend decided to go with pulled pork Torta. He tried to get me to try it but again, I'm boring with my food so I did not. He really liked it though. We did get a side of queso and chips and shared a IBC root beer. We liked the food a lot but I was quite disappointed in their queso and chips. First, the thing of queso is $4. It seemed like a lot for a trailer. I mean, don't get me wrong.. the portion was really large, but eh...
The queso kind of had a sweet after taste to it. It was not bad but it wasn't my favorite either.

Overall, I would give Izzoz Tacos a A-. After we finished eating, We got in the car and headed over to Peter Pan Putt Putt on Lamar and Barton Springs. I hadn't been there in YEARS and as I expected I sucked at putt putt(nothings changed) but we had a great time. We were really surprised at how many people were there. The place was packed.

High School Date night #1 was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment